View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, to be fair, I think security is an all or nothing type of thing at FM concerts. Either they are crazed maniacs who are willing to evict anyone who wields a dangerous camera (gasp!) or they completely turn their backs and let some drunken fools up there to ruin a good time for people who are 1--obeying the rules of a civilized society and behaving themselves and 2--trying to soak up the front row experience.

And it hurts to think that someone who was pushy, obnoxious and drunk--managed to plow herself up there because people were too polite and respectful of the band to cause a scene? It's like the squeaky wheel always getting the oil. You know that woman who did this just enjoyed the hell out of it and never gave anyone a second thought.

When I heard just how many rows of people they were allowing to the front of the stage during these past few weeks, one of my first thoughts was...this could really get out of hand some day. And I do mean dangerously out of hand. Because what happens if people stop being polite and moving aside to let the drunks up there? And what happens when security is taken a nap somewhere because, "oh, well...Fleetwood Mac draws an older crowd and they aren't about to start any trouble." My point it, anyone can start trouble and nothing should be discounted in such a way when so many people are involved. Mob mentality. Has no one ever watched CSI?

The only good thing is Europeans tend to have more refined manners than us boorish Yanks. So, the original poster should be fine, I hope. But the advice is well-intentioned and the frustration continues. Why not get it out among like-minded people who know what it's like to be disappointed at a concert when the crazies take over the asylum?