View Single Post
Old 08-21-2001, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Once again...

We need to keep in mind that it is going to be important to Ken's people that this initial release sells well so we may have to have things be a little more generic (like the music videos) than we might want (as fans) for this first collection. As much as all of us can't wait to see alot of this stuff, if we choose only what the fans want against what the general public wants then we can kiss any hopes of a second (and any more releaeses for that matter) goodbye so this is of the utmost importance.

Like we were saying about Warners and CD releases. They would probably only agree to putting unreleased stuff at the end of remastered CD albums as oppossed to releasing a disc of strictly unreleased stuff because as much as we would like to think something like that would sell to the general public (that is in the quantities that Warners want to sell) in all honesty, they are probably right and it wouldn't sell so I've written to them requesting that they remaster the albums with bonus tracks as I hope others have too.

So anyways, the same ground rules would apply here with the video and as we say since all of the bands videos add up to an hour the other hour could be the rare live performances. This certainly sems like a fair compromise on that level. It would just need to be determined what the content of the other half would be. You'll notice on the "Ken's DVD" poll I posted a while back that most people are for the mixture anyways. I hope that the answers releaved in that poll should save us time by telling us some useful facts regarding fan preferences against company demands as very few people have opted for "live stuff only" and this in the minds of the company people wouldn't sell anyways. They will only agree to releasing it if they know they will make and not lose money on it so please take this into consideration everyone. Wouldn't it be better to compromise for the company a little on this one and get lots of good stuff on possibly countless future releases than putting your foot down and saying "well, here's your list of 10,000 people and we all want this even though we know it won't sell to the general public" and if we are lucky enough afterwards that it's released, there most likely won't be another one released and we will get no more chances of releases of this footage again. Oh well, as over a thousand of us have agreed we will buy it despite what's on it, I'm sure we'll all be happy campers in the end!

John