View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
He didn't talk about Mick or Stevie's personal vices, though. They, Stevie and Mick, talked about their personal vices, years later. He didn't talk about their vices to the press when he left the band.

All Lindsey talked about was band craziness and he included himself in that. He said:

Then, later on Mick said that he now realizes that Lindsey was afraid that he might get pulled back into drugs if he hung around Mick. Lindsey never said that. Stevie said that Lindsey left because he was afraid for her. Lindsey never said that to the press -- not until Stevie said it about herself and the press asked him to respond, when they were doing those Unleashed interviews. Mick said that when they were all being interviewed in 2012, Lindsey told MICK and Stevie that he left because he was afraid of what was happening to them and that all 3 of them started crying. But Lindsey never said anything about Stevie or Mick's "personal vices" when he left the band. He talked about the craziness in the recording studio, in general, and he talked about everyone having separate managers, which made it hard to get things done.

Michele
I guess we will have to agree to disagree
When Lindsey left, yes there was not immediate comments on anything. But as the years trickled on Lindsey did comment on many things including Billy and Rick. When BTM was released, Lindsey stated to the press that Fleetwood Mac made a mistake in trying to replace him and how that would never work. He suggested the Mac should have went on in a new direction. He made those comments even though he contributed to the album BTM. He never used the words drugs but definitely hinted at substance abuse how things get worse on tour. Even Stevie said recently that Lindsey was frustrated since she was drugged out during this time how she would show up late to recording, etc. These hints were trickled out years later. It came to a climax with Lindsey's interpretation of Mick in video.
This is why I brought up in my original post how vague and subtle Lindsey is. This tour Lindsey has changed his Big Love intro from early in the tour. Now he says he needed to break away from the band to make major changes in his life. I want to know what those changes were. He used to say that it was almost the excess of the band that made him leave. This was a first I ever heard Lindsey say these words before. I commented this in my Miami review. For the first time he admits he was not right during this time instead of others. I just wish he would not talk in code so much.