View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=David;1246917]But why is that putative difference important if they're all just playing Dreams and Rhiannon straight night after night? Do you not see what some people in this thread are driving at?

Mike Campbell has artistic stature because of his work with the Heartbreakers, not because of his work this past year with Fleetwood Mac. As far as the latter goes, he's essentially just playing Rhiannon and Don't Stop again and again . . . just like Vito was roped into doing. The entire band is resting on its achievements and style of the seventies. So far, it has practically nothing new to say. Maybe that's just what Lindsey meant when he talked about perspective.[/QU

I agree David. It’s completely true. I think the stint with Mick, Stevie, John and Christine is merely a footnote for Neil and Mike. The bigger story is why they got there, not necessarily what they did once they were there (assuming they continue to not deliver new music....I don’t think they will. I agree with you as well on LBs comments, something to the effect he doesn’t miss playing these songs, but is hurt for the fans and the legacy
Very well said David, thank you