View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Releasing Tusk as the first single was another error. Linds and his ego ruined the album and its chances of great success. So if we are to deconstruct Tusk, removing his songs is the first step.
If it was not released first, it would have never charted. The limelight from Rumours and the excitement of new material made it crack the top 10. If you notice, you never hear the song played on the radio. Classic rock radio stations play so much of the Mac but never the song Tusk. I never hear it on the 70s or 80s channels either. Unless you are a rabid Mac member, no one can really sing along with the song. I've heard it a million times and I still am not sure when to yell Tusk. Stevie probably keeps better timing than me when trying to sing along

But it was a statement just like everything else was with Tusk. The album songs, the lead single, the double album, the album cover, etc. It was making a statement, this is not Rumours 2.

I agree with you though. I would have loved Think About Me as the lead off single. Its the most "traditional" Mac song on the album and no doubt would have cracked the top 10 and probably even sold more copies of the album.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-29-2020 at 02:42 PM..