View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Aside from the line that John's cancer was caught in time and he's going to be fine, I don't see a general overall message being presented by the media and the band at all. In fact, the band members seem to be out of synch when discussing where they're going next and Christine's return.

At any rate, Christine's comments are consistent to things she's been saying for years and don't indicate to me that she's lathering anything on to put on a good front for press.

Michele
No, sure. There is consistency and I'm not saying this is particularly true in this case over others, though at times during the BBC interview I felt I was being hit over the head with certain ideas being put across... However, I don't see 'band members being out of synch' and 'a general overall message being presented' as mutually exclusive. In fact, I think sometimes that 'out of sync-ness' is blown out of proportion or emphasised AS PART of the message being presented. I also think you can be putting on a good front for press and be telling the truth at the same time by omitting certain things, and emphasising others by selecting certain events or things to focus on. Again, there aren't necessarily ulterior motives involved or a concerted effort to portray things a certain way; it's a natural thing to do.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"