View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Do you really blame him, this is a prime example of the type of **** that the masses love. Lindsey has zero interest in appeasing people who want to rehash the same thing over and over again. (Journey!! give me a break!)

Whilst yes i agree that anytime Fleetwood Mac have played lately they are doing this very thing. however this is different because Lindsey is clearly in a creative mindset, wanting to pursue new music and the band has dictated that they want the pay day with these two show. You know expanding the legacy and all.... I'm looking at two members specifically who would be loving this.
From one of the other interviews:

Asked how he felt about playing a show explicitly geared to evoke memories of the old days, Buckingham cringed.

“It doesn’t necessarily speak of the aspiration to present anything in the way that Fleetwood Mac would want to present it on its own terms,” he said. “But we’re all very close to Irving, so it was just sort of a ‘Why not?’”

Pretty diplomatic for a rock star.

“I was going to put it less diplomatically, but I stopped myself,” he said.

“Do the undiplomatic version,” McVie chimed in. “What were you going to say?”

“I was going to say, ‘Just close your eyes and take the money,’” Buckingham answered, and the soundstage rippled with laughter again.

Seems a bit disrespectful to the fans who are shelling out hard earned money to see you.