View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodmod
...to my knowledge only the following Fleetwood Mac shows have been posted (please correct me if I am wrong):
Got it almost right; Green Bay 2004 and East Rutherford 1997 (the better source) came from Sharing The Groove and the rest from Easytree.

Some others I remember seeing:
Warehouse, New Orleans 1-30-1970 & 1-31-1970 (single torrent) at Easytree.
Who's The New Girl (without "Get Like You Used To Be") at STG.
Shine Angel (1979-11-6) at STG.
Record Plant 1974 & Passaic 1975 (single torrent) at STG.
Stevie: Weedsport 1986 (FM broadcast) at Easytree.
Peter Green: Wilbert's, Cleveland 8-27-1998 (and a few others) at STG.

Nothing really unusual there, only Nagoya 1977 and perhaps the two post Green pre-BN shows would count as discoveries of sorts. And most have come from people who don't even have any large-scale interest in Fleetwood Mac, I assume.
Quote:
Let's get sharing Fleetwood Mac and related lossless files
Easier said than done Neil. We all know the quality of the trade CD-Rs in this community is not always up to scratch; there's diginoise and other burning mistakes that plague them. That material isn't seed-worthy because some people (not necessarily the most ardent fans) will always be complaining because of the mistakes that weren't in the original recording. I have this great-sounding copy (one of the best audience recordings) from 11-2-1979 Albuquerque lossless, however there's some skipping at the beginning of "I'm So Afraid", so I won't be seeding it; there's gotta be someone with a flawless copy out there.
Now why should one care about that? Simply because the trade communities of other bands do. They attempt to take away any flaws that weren't there originally from the recording before they start seeding. The best way is to find some low-generation tapes and re-digitize those.

Also, stuff that's mp3-sourced but has been burnt to discs just like normal audio files can trick people sometimes. You need to check out for those files in a spectral analyser, there's no way to tell the difference otherwise, especially if the bitrate of those faux-wavs is high.

But yeah, I'll be seeding a little something in the future too, the little that I can offer.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up