View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
Nothing personal to you WildHearted but I have read many things that lead me to believe Stevie and Lindsey went through similar ordeals with the British triumvirate. I just think they have chosen to keep quite about it, as continuing members of the band. As far as the inner workings of the band, it doesn't matter if it's about the making of Rumours, Tusk, Say You Will, or the EP, fans assume every comment about band infighting is Stevie and Lindsey not getting along. Yeah, they even like to fan those flames themselves, but every comment Stevie has ever made about being put down or not being given much respect as an equal member of the band wasn't always a direct reference to Lindsey mistreating her or not respecting her work. She hasn't always specified who did what when. She's too smart for that. Sure she has said some things about Lindsey's misdeeds, but even when she hasn't named names, he is the one everyone assumes mistreated her during most of her career in Fleetwood Mac. I know that's not true. I can read what people like Bob have said and make different assumptions. I'm not saying your perceptions are wrong, just that fans can come to different conclusions drawing inferences from other's comments, rather than taking every word the bandmembers say as the only view. I don't give Chris a pass just because she has chosen to speak less than the others except John. It gives her a more neutral appearing character than the more colorful Buckingham and Nicks, but I wouldn't put it past her to be as jealous, spiteful, and egotistical as everyone thinks they are. They wear it well, but on Chris it seems like a bad fit to the fans who have read very little about her bad side. Wendy, I am really looking forward to Bob's unique perspective. He has both an insider and outsider view that needs to be shared. I hope you publish his book as soon as you can. God Bless you on your loss.
Great points. You can't draw conclusions (that happen to suit your opinions) from things that were NOT said.