View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These lists are always fun to make! In no particular order:

1. The Dance- Fleetwood Mac: I know it's really not all that "live", but I listened to this album so much that the CD started to skip and I had to buy a new copy. I became a fan because of this album, and I still love it.

2. MTV Unplugged- Nirvana: Once again another album I has to re-purchase because the CD started to skip from over-use. I love, love the covers on this album especially Where did you sleep last night.

3. Achtung Baby- U2: Many people think The Joshua Tree is their best work, but I've always liked Achtung more. One, Love is Blindness, Mysterious Ways...

4. Flaming Red- Patty Griffin: I got this for free from a friend who was given a bunch of CD's she didn't want from work. I'm glad she didn't keep this one. I know there are other fans of hers on this board, but everyone should give her a listen. Her voice is phenomenal. This is my favorite album of hers, stand out tracks for me are Mary and Goodbye.

5. Out of the Cradle- Lindsey Buckingham: It took me a while to find Lindsey's albums. They weren't available in my local big box stores back in the late nineties. I finally got a hold of all three at a Borders in downtown Chicago. I took the Metra back to the suburbs and listened to OOTC on the way home. It was worth the wait. Although he has some angry and sad songs on this album, it always strikes up a relaxed mood for me. I'm still waiting to hear Countdown and Soul Drifter live one day. I wish I had seen the OOTC tour since he doesn't perform much off of the album these days.

6. Rumours- Fleetwood Mac: I know you're supposed to say Tusk, and although I like many individual tracks off that album, Rumours has a much better flow.

7. What's the Story Morning Glory?- Oasis: Great Brit rock from the nineties, and I love it! Don't Look Back in Anger, Champagne Supernova!

8. Self-Titled- Sheryl Crow: This is her second album and still her best imo. My favorites are the non-single tracks like Hard to Make a Stand and Redemption Day.

9. Greatest Hits- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers: I don't know if this is considered cheating, but all of their best stuff to date was on this album. Southern rock at its finest. Everyone I knew had this album and we all played it to death.

10. Actual Miles- Don Henley: Probably cheating again with another greatest hits package! I love his eighties solo work and here it all is nicely collected in one disc. Boys of Summer, The End of the Innocence, and The Heart of the Matter always remind me of summer when I was a kid and life was uncomplicated.