View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
I just think people on this board always have something to complain about. If Stevie threw a million dollars at you, You'd still figure out a way to make an argument about it.

Nobody can respect Stevie's opinions either. She is 67 years old. When I'm 67 I'll be in my house in California on the beach resting. Stevie is touring the world 2 and a half hours a night. Then she try's to be nice to fans and record an album for fans to enjoy, and people just bash it.

You have the right to think or say whatever you want, but I do too.
Oh give it a rest! Who are you trying to preach to? You won't find a bigger Stevie fan than myself - I've been following her career since I was 4 years old! I've bought everything she's released in my lifetime on release day and at her first and only solo show in my country in my lifetime, I was outside the venue from 7am!

I can sing her praises and DO sing her praises constantly. Just because I'm a Stevie fan doesn't mean I have to believe everything she does is perfect. And regardless of how old she is, if Stevie is going to continue to make music, it should be of a high a standard. She set the standard herself, she should keep it up. Stevie is, after all, a professional and should be critcised as such. Sloppy work in any career will be scrutinised. IYD was fantastic and well produced - there is no reason why 24KG couldn't have recieved the same treatment.

She didn't make an album "for fans to enjoy", she rushed an album together to get out of her contract.

All this is coming from a fan who frequently praises "Street Angel" and considers BD, TWH and TISL as 3 of the greatest albums ever made.