Thread: Boston tonight!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've read through the DC thread that got closed. And now I'm reading through this thread.

Anyone on here knows I'm the biggest Christine fan (with the exception of Macfan57--wherever you are!). But I can understand how more than a few people are disappointed by the way she and LB sound on this tour. The videos are rough indeed.

But that's something we have to remember: they're videos. I remember seeing FM twice on the last tour. When I saw them in Buffalo, I was overjoyed to witness what I thought was the best version of SYLM I'd heard in years. Everyone sounded great! Then I went to YouTube the following week and watched it again. Everything and everyone sounded awful. There is a distinct difference between the concert-goer's experience and the home viewer's experience. It does not surprise me at all that those who are attending the shows are having a great time. The arrangements and performances are tailored to a live theatre

I am disappointed that neither LB nor CM are playing as much as they could be, but hey, I am just happy I got this magnificent album of songs, which is more than I could have hoped for at this stage.

One more note: I have often felt the same way about Stevie's live performances these days. Some of her vocals, like Christine's, are cringe-worthy. It happens. They're all getting older. The difference is that Stevie still exerts an urgency and energy that give her performances an added lift. She still has an "attack." I only mention Stevie at all here because a comparison between the two singers was made in the DC thread.

But, again, we still have all this new music. For that, I'm overjoyed.