View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerj View Post
One more:

7. I don't download, not ever, for anything, or apparently now, any one or any band. I also don't buy things that aren't already assembled. Same philosophy. Why should I pay and then have to pay more, and especially, to spend more of my time to create my own physical copy? And I'm certainly not going to allow some "entity" to tell me how many times and to what machine I am allowed to copy the stuff. It's not about the artwork.
This is all fair enough, but I'd like to point out that digital downloads (and flatpack furniture) are almost invariably cheaper than their traditional counterparts. And apple's restrictions are completely bypassed if you burn the file to a CD. If you don't want to do that, ok. I'm just sayin'. Part of the reason I've gotten into digital downloads is they're cheaper and more reflective of how I actually listen to music. I like physical releases and I do sometimes still buy them, but basically I'm paying more for something that just sits on my shelf untouched for years.

Anyway:

did you buy Extended Play? Yes
on amazon or itunes? iTunes
just one / two songs or the whole EP? Whole EP
would you buy a physical copy? No
when you have a choice of download or physical copy which one do you prefer? This answer varies depending on how much I feel like supporting my local high street vs. big evil corporations. But I usually only buy one or the other. Not both.

Last edited by Dex; 05-30-2013 at 01:13 PM..