View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Is an album without Stevie possible to be released?
Not sure if you have seen this article that was posted:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56415

I think Christine answers your question herself, right here:

You would consider doing some shows with just you, Lindsey, Mick and John [McVie]?

As a four-piece, yeah. With a view of doing a huge world tour after that, with Stevie.

And would you expect that we'll see this new album in 2017?

One would hope so, yeah. That's the plan. And I can't wait for it to be finished. It'll be great. And then we'll hopefully do this world tour with Stevie. And after that, who knows? But we're all still alive, how about that? So that's a start.

-----
I think Christine makes it clear that Fleetwood Mac plans to make a new album and tour behind it without Stevie and then later do a world tour with Stevie. Stevie's not holding them back from making this album and getting new music out to everyone. It seems clear they are proceeding forward with a new album and will tour behind it without Stevie, and probably has her blessing as she is moving forward with her own touring. That's a win-win for everyone, isn't it? Everyone gets the new music they want, Stevie gets to do what she wants. If there's a hold up, well, this is Fleetwood Mac. They always spend a LOOOOONG time putting out an album. And they are older now. As Mick says: "We're never finished!" (on the 100th re-take of Zevon's song "Werewolves of London" that he and John collaborated on.)