View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Napa Valley Register 9/1/2016

http://napavalleyregister.com/entert...e3adca62a.html

The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band booked for the Uptown

Mick Fleetwood, the co-founder of Fleetwood Mac, brings his new band, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, to the Uptown Theatre in Napa on Sunday, Sept. 25.

In addition to playing its own music, the band pays tribute to the original Fleetwood Mac, the all-male blues band started in 1967. It harkens back to the Mac’s early days, when the group drew heavily on American blues music and produced hits such as “Rattlesnake Shake,” “Albatross,” “Oh Well” and “Black Magic Woman” (which was later covered by Santana).

The band is led by Mick Fleetwood, providing power-house percussion and persona. At the front of the group is Rick Vito, veteran Bluesman and former Fleetwood Mac vocalist and lead guitarist. Vito adds his personal touch while staying true to the styling of early Fleetwood Mac front man Peter Green.

“A lot of guys can play the licks but Rick has the tone and that’s so important in real blues,” Mick Fleetwood said.

With Fleetwood anchoring the band on percussion, the “other half” of the rhythm section is Lenny Castellanos on bass. Fleetwood said, “I’ve played with John McVie for 40 years, (so) any bassist who plays with me has big shoes to fill.”

The group’s new album, “Blue Again,” was recorded live at the Sheldon Concert Hall in St. Louis, Missouri in February of 2008.

“Over my career I’ve been called a pop star and a rock star, yet in my inner heart, I will always be part bluesman,” Fleetwood said. “On my journey from blues to a life of rock ‘n’ roll, I’ve always remembered where I started.”

The show begins at 8 p.m. Opening the night at Uptown Theatre is local bluesman Jeffrey Halford.

Tickets for the Uptown show are $65, $75 and $105 and can be purchased at www.uptowntheatrenapa.com or by calling the theater box office at 1350 Third St., Napa. For more information, call 707-259-0123.