View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
The experiment is that both Fleetwood and Mac are present, yet it's not called Fleetwood Mac. Although it's certainly possible, I don't necessarily see the name Fleetwood Mac being omitted due to a committee of managers and lawyers. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the natural consensus of the musicians involved. John especially is a pretty pragmatic guy. Plus, if there is to be a tour behind this album, are Mick and John guaranteed to be involved? I am also curious, will every bass or percussion note on the album be played by John and Mick? I have my doubts. With a name like Buckingham McVie, these seem like legitimate questions.
Don't kid yourself, there were lots of discussions on how to release the album, because they recorded it with every intention of it being released as Fleetwood Mac. Even though they only casually mention the involvement of Mick and John deep into the story, they DID go out of their way to mention THEM and not others. If there were others involved, and they're trying to contrast this with Fleetwood Mac, wouldn't that have been the best time to do that?

I think they held out hope that Stevie might come around the closer they got to finishing the album. After it was clear that wasn't the case, they went with the option that keeps Stevie in Fleetwood Mac and are now going out of their way to call it a duet album so as not to alienate her.

THE Stephen Hopkins