View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
It's all about her legacy now. This record is IMPORTANT in the landscape & scope of her recording output. What other 65+something are still hitting the top 10 with original material (not some predictable "covers" or "duets" b.s.) Bruce, TP, Cher, Stevie ...even Jackson Brown couldn't quite keep up with "The reingning Queen of Rock 'n Roll.)
Cher sold a lot more than Stevie and Barbra's new album is doing INCREDIBLY well. I do think that it has a lot to do with the young and successful artists that she's duetting with though.

Bob Seger is predicted to sell about 50,000 copies of his new album next week. I wonder if he's been promoting it?

What really gets to me is the fact that if Stevie promoted this album then it could've sold about 40,000 and would've gone top 5 which would've made her look fantastic and would've shown how incredibly popular she still is. (Though top 10 is still pretty good).

The fact is, 26,000 copies of '24 Karat Gold' were bought from people who either heard a song off of the album and liked it or from people who just like Stevie and the album itself. It wasn't Stevie trying really hard to promote it or someone pushing the fact that 'The new album from Stevie Nicks is out now. BUY IT!!!'

The fact that Stevie can put together an album in two months, go on a phenomenally successful tour, throw out a solo record, do very little/no promotion for it and it goes top 10!
Now THAT is pretty cool.