View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDJackson View Post
Big Love is really quite impressive. Gypsy is nice because it's a big budget video, the "oh, we tell a story in a song" type, but it doesn't have the "wow" factor of Big Love. Perhaps the best video any of them has done is Christine McVie's Love Will Show Us How, which features b-movie artist Paul Bartel and is a genuinely funny send-up of music videos—much different than the way Big Love's surprising structure and effects really enhance the song experience—but definitely smart and silly and came in the first three years of MTV, to boot!

Stevie Nicks looks great in that red dress in the desert and the Surrealist stuff is great in Hold Me, too (smashing the mirror, the Magritte paintings). Other than those examples most of the videos from any of them are pretty "basic"... LB's Trouble is interesting in the way they use all the people do imitate a video special effect and then it's also this big party of associated musicians. And of course SN on the treadmill is "iconic" but, like, you know, it looked kind of ridiculous 35 year ago LOL... SN's commentary on her videos is great! Hilarious!!
Stevie’s commentary is hilarious. My favorite is If Anyone Falls when she says “...my friend Sandy Stewart, because we wanted her to be in it. Oh, she actually wrote half the song, that’s why she’s in it!”