Thread: Heart of Stone
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2015, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Nice thought, but I think Lindsey still wasn't ready to even consider rejoining the band at that time. It took another four years before he decided to do The Dance.
I dunno. He was on the road until August/September, 1993. I think he would have seen, in spite of the television interviews, music videos, live TV appearances, radio shows, and opening for Tina Turner, that he wasn't viable as a solo act. Give him a month off to count his losses and lick his wounds, send in Christine to butter him up with a clearing of the air moment, and he would have come back tail wagging. He was already back in the picture, at least somewhat, during the recording of "Tme" as noted by his appearance on the remake of Delaney Bramlett's "Nothing Without You."

Sorry, but I don't think that it's as simple as it has been portrayed. "Time" came out in October, 1995 and "Twisted" came out in May, 1996. When have this crew ever done something that back-to-back in FIVE MONTHS? Really? Mick, Lindsey, and Stevie (you know, the three in the band who actually had issues with each other) were suddenly, out of the blue, "I called him up and he came over" okay with each other, AND a week later Mick, the McVies, and Stevie (and ironically, Steve Winwood...from Traffic...Dave Mason's old band...filling in for Lindsey) all appear together at the Kentucky Derby??? "Time" bombs upon release, and five months later the "Rumours" band is basically back together? Yeah, that's coincidental.

In all reality, Lindsey was back in the picture some time in 1995. That's when Mick, John, and Christine started working with him again. The only problem was the band was under contractual obligations with Dave Mason and Bekka Bramlett. "Time" never stood a chance because everybody in the band and the label knew that the "Rumours" band was getting back together. I suspect that's why Fleetwood Mac went on that REO tour. That way, any chance for credibility the band might have developed immediately goes away, and Lindsey and Stevie come riding back on their white horses to save the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins