View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Firstly, it’s free to join. Users can create a profile and store up to 100 “stations” based on a particular band of interest, and each song that follows will have elements similar to the chosen artist’s. For example, in a search for REO Speedwagon, the musician analysts included in the band’s station music with “basic rock song structures, a subtle use of vocal harmonies, mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation, a vocal-centric aesthetic and major key tonality.” One of the songs chosen by the analysts was Fleetwood Mac’s “Go your own way” because it shares the above elements.
How interesting. But I would have chosen HOLD ME as exemplifying those particular characteristics more closely than does GO YOUR OWN WAY, where the vocal harmonies aren't by any stretch of the imagination "subtle" & the major-key tonality is compromised by the powerful chorus in a minor "key" (really a modal or natural minor that continues through the fade-out).

Incidentally, is HOLD ME the only tune from the band's stage shows that ended on the dominant?

moviekinks.blogspot.com