View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 03:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was at this show and loved it.

I've seen Lindsey on every tour sans 1992 (I would have been in diapers, but I probably still would have loved it) and this was by far my favorite.

It felt good for Lindsey to be accompanied by a "band" again, rather than a few accompanying musicians.

Jimmy is exactly the drummer that Lindsey needed. Wow, what a player.

I'm probably in the minority, but I really enjoyed Neal not being at this show. It gave Lindsey more of a chance to use his expressive style to fill up more of the space. Neal is an incredible guitar player but I feel like he sometimes overcrowds Lindsey and I've never been a fan of his very good, but very generic guitar tone. It never gelled for me.

The setlist and deep tracks - just wow.

I lost it during "Surrender the Rain" and "Street of Dreams". I felt embarrassed for my SO there with me, but I was overcome with emotion. Not only was it beautiful, but those songs are so connected to my teenage years when I needed Lindsey's music so badly. It's amazing what music can do to you.

All-in-all, we had a great time. I'm hopeful that I can attend another show on this tour and that he extends it next year!