View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The problem is, while his fans have every right to feel this way and this position is more than justified, I am not sure that Lindsey feels this way. He is not the man who left in 1987 and did not look back for 10 years. What he wants and what he should want maybe two different things.
I wonder how many of the fans who feel that way were around in the ‘90s, back when Lindsey thought he didn’t need Fleetwood Mac for his career or his legacy?

OOTC, the masterpiece he had to leave Fleetwood Mac to make, got one of the most glowing reviews I’ve ever read in Rolling Stone and it was heavily promoted. Still, it only peaked at #128. That’s why he’s not the same guy who left Fleetwood Mac in 1987. He got thoroughly humbled by that experience and was back in the picture by 1995, two years after the OOTC tour (hence Time being DOA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes, unfortunately.

won't stop fans who feel this way from screaming to all who would hear what he should want. what he says he cares about.
Lindsey doesn’t lose anything by putting Mick on drums, though. The actual art doesn’t suffer. His songs and sonic textures don’t change. If anything, adding Mick would give the songs a more organic feel compared to how Lindsey usually does the drums, and give Lindsey more attention with the association of the Fleetwood name.

ETA: It will also give him a new five minute psychobabble-laden speech on healing, forgiveness, and growth.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 02-22-2021 at 02:50 PM..