View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
As much as I really want to boycott by not attending, I'll probably break down and go. Fleetwood Mac's music is part of the fabric of my life. I have NEVER missed a tour since 1977, including the train wreck of the Behind The Mask/Time Tours. So, I'm sure I'll bite the bullet.

That being said, it's amusing to me that some people are speculating that the band will play tunes like "Freedom" and "Save Me" from that era. Uh, yeah, that's NOT going to happen. What we ARE likely to see is the same greatest hits set list with a few Pre-1975 songs thrown in. Neil will sing Lindsey's parts on "World Turning" and "Don't Stop". If they're really brave, they'll attempt "Go Your Own Way" with Neil and hope that no one throws tomatoes out of ironic anger. Oh, the irony!

The band will plow through "Oh Well" and another blues number like "Black Magic Woman. "Station Man" might make the final cut. I'm sorry, but this band has NO BUSINESS playing Crowded House's "Don't Dream It's Over". That would be a blasphemous lounge act, at best. Also, expect that bland overplayed disco number "Stand Back" to make a dreaded return to the set list.

What WILL be a true gem for me is to hear Christine play "Spare Me A Little of Your Love" and "Why". If they stand ANY chance at pleasing the true fans, I would suggesting pulling out one of these Pre-75 songs. Sharon Celani and the other "background girl singer of Stevie's choice" would add great harmony vocals to both of these tunes.
They are going to play Save Me, As Long As You Follow, and probably Freedom too, and you can't stop them, lol. If Billy really was the other audition, that all but confirms that some BTM era stuff is coming back.

As for older stuff, haven't they name-dropped Rattlesnake Shake and Station Man already? And Oh Well? They're going out to please themselves on this tour, the "ten hits" are for the fans. 60 songs on the board to choose from, according to Stevie. Their whole catalog is up for grabs right now.