View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I got up to the front that way as well, but I kind of invited myself and luckily wasn't told I was too old and ugly since I was in my 30s, lol. Maybe they really were just looking for energetic people!

I didn't like that Lindsey chatted during Stevie's intros, but it wasn't all him. There were girls desperately trying to get his attention, trying to hold conversations with him even when he was several feet away from them and looking in another direction - I remember one in front of me at a concert who was holding up her phone trying to show him her number on it. She kept hollering his name in the breaks between songs and when Stevie was talking, trying to get him to look at her.

I frankly thought it was rude, and I did not try to talk to him during quiet moments or Stevie's intros. I can understand talking to him if he is directly addressing you - who wouldn't do that?! If he is looking right at you, OK. Otherwise, though.... but I guess that's just me.

Anyway, I imagine Stevie might have been annoyed, but I didn't see her shooting anyone dirty looks; rather, she seemed to studiously avoid looking at us. She had many adoring fans gazing up at her to make up for any distractions that might have been caused by those at Lindsey's feet.

But I seriously doubt this had any bearing on Stevie's decision to get Lindsey fired, except for giving her one more entry to add to her private ledger of his sins. If it was something that particularly enraged her, she didn't have to endure it. She could have easily made it a condition of the tour that Lindsey refrain from doing it. He would have readily acquiesced, and she would have begun things with a gratifying power play under her belt. No, that wasn't it.