Thread: Paper Doll
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagypsy79 View Post
Paper Doll...a big plus in my book. I love that song. "you prefer to be just a little bit in and out of love with me..." I love that line. It reminds me of me and someone else I know. Has there ever been a demo for this song? And if so could someone post it? When did Stevie write this song anyway? Also, was there ever a music video for it?
And I love it that being in and out of love with her is tantamount to being in and out of agony.

Being fascinated by someone else yesterday puts me in mind of "sunflowers and your face," so I just love that line and I also embrace the simplicity of "well, you could have said no. You could have said I just can't." It makes me think of something she might have said during the Tango fight, so that gets to me too.

I mean, the way I hear the words in this song is heavily influenced by the video, therefore an FM film strip flashes through my head fullspeed, with every line in the song until it gives me a rush that has little rational relation to the song's quality as music.

We were mirrors of our former selves.

Michele