View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Both nights at the Bowl were originally recorded for the LIVE album. In fact, they were going to be the LIVE album. I think the record company listened to the tapes and told the band they sounded way too rock and roll and likely to scare listeners (the way people used to walk out of shows halfway through because the band didn’t sound velvety smooth like the albums).

I think these Bowl recordings and dozens of others are still under lock and key, but they’re there. Little by little, stuff is getting released to us. Consider the unreleased live tracks on several of the deluxe sets, dribbles from dates we never expected:
  • Wembley 1980
  • Tucson 1980
  • St. Louis 1979
  • Oklahoma City 1977
  • Little Rock 1977
  • Omaha 1980
  • Cleveland 1980
  • LA 1977 and 1982
  • Kansas City 1980
Interesting tid bit there. Didn't Mick say in his first book that this Hollywood Bowl show was his favorite Fleetwood Mac show ever? I seem to remember him saying how tight the band was and Stevie's somewhat tired vocals pulled out all the stops for the Hollywood crowd.
The 1980 Live album is incredible. But as this board has discussed before, its a random choice of songs from different years is odd at times. It would have been wonderful to make half the songs from this set the live album.