View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Forest of the Black Roses is such a beautiful song! I think Stevie can still sing. SFTV is not the best example, as it was recorded entirely in three weeks, but I still love most of those songs. I’d love to see her do more duets and collaborations with other artists. The recent (ish) Lady Antebellum, Lana Del Rey and Leeann Rimes collaborations stand out to me, not to mention Carousel with Vanessa Carlton and the amazing and haunting Redemption Day with Sheryl Crow. Plus, she’s friends with Haim, Harry Styles and now The 1975... I think she could and should reach out to her friends for this one. The Rhiannon movie has been her passion project forever and it would be so cool to really see her sit in the producer chair.
I like the thought of a few duets on an Album (not all duets)..it would help lighten her sound a little.
Yes, she can still sing .....but it’s a very alto sounding voice these days (too much booze and fags).
I like her voice nowadays if she sang quieter, not that forthright, almost flat sound she sings sometimes.
Unfortunately I don’t think Mr Stewart is the guy to pull that off.