Thread: Gold Dust Woman
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2002, 10:35 PM
joe

Default Re: Gold Dust Woman

Quote:
Originally posted by graywolf1980

To me, the 8 track version is better so far. The screams at the end are more noticeable AND the song does not fade. The problem with the 8 track: too much hiss and not enough treble; there is so much hiss, you cannot tell where the song actually ends, as you can also hear parts of another track in the background.
I know what you mean greywolf! I heard the 8 track about 15 years ago...and although i only heard it once, i could've sworn that the ending on "GDW" extended beyond the album version and "The Chain boxset"...if i'm correct it quiets down to just the basic bass and drum/cowbell...i have the 8 track in my possession but no 8-track player available. Let me know if i'm wrong on this....also, yes, i know what you mean about some other tracks heard on that version. I have the original 45 of "YMLF" which has "GDW" on the back and during the ending ('pale shadow...") there is a guitar part that's absent on the cd version. And, yes, the background screaming is a lot louder which, i think, sounds cool. I also have an audio cassette of the album and that version is on there but it fades in.

There's also that version of "Rhiannon" (on 45) that has an added guitar part.