View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Um...yeah...I have scoured the Internet and found absolutely NO information about this being released. That link from the OP comes up and says "this film no longer available". There isn't any information about a DVD or Blu-Ray release either.

You'd think there would have been some sort of press release from her label or the film's distributor about this before a small theater chain like Luna Palace Cinemas posted something about it. Who knows? Maybe that's why it was taken down in the first place ~ because someone caught wind of it.

I'm not trying to be a "Debbie Downer", but I'm not getting my hopes up for a release date anytime soon, although I sincerely hope I'm wrong. If the distributor DOES want to release it for a limited theatrical run before (hopefully) releasing it on home video/digital formats, then my guess is we won't get it until sometime after COVID-19 has died down and cinema chains/movie goers feel comfortable going back to and opening up the theatres again.

Though, in my opinion, I think they should just skip theaters altogether and go ahead and release it to home video. I mean, the concert is already three years old and the album it is promoting is 6 years old. But then Stevie and her camp have never really been known to get things done in a timely manner, at least without some sort of ultimatum or deadline from a label. Hell, wasn't Soundstage filmed in 2007 and released in 2009 or 2010? I'm guessing she and the gals have been doing overdubs on this project the past three years to make it sound perfect. I recently read Ken Caillat's book "Making Rumours" where he mentions that there were absolutely no live vocals on "The Dance" and that everything was recorded again in the studio. Which makes total sense because there are several moments where the vocals don't match the lip movements. Everything is "perfection" these days and nothing is truly "live" anymore. But they've been doing that since the Tusk Documentary, so there's no surprise there. LOL

Sorry to go off on a tangent! But if anyone has anymore information or links to the release of this new concert movie, please post here for us. Thanks in advance! <3