View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
I first saw the "original" Kolors, if there really is such a thing, when my company provided the sound system for a residency at the Golden Lion in London. I was most excited that Peter was to be one of the artists during this time. He was always a great hero of mine along with Clempson and Clapton, but in the early days, definitely the top man.
Imagine my disappointment when the band took the stage, I know that the blues is a Black Man's music, but the guys in this band were not bluesers by any stretch of the imagination, good musicians I am sure, but not blues men. As has been mentioned elsewhere on these forums, they kept telling the audience that the great Peter Green was on stage.

Thanks for the story! Would that have been in 1981? Um yes, they were more African funk musicians, weren't they.

I guess we're all aware here that this wasn't a great period for Green artistically. But it's still very nice to have some music from these years.

It seems you worked with Kolors from 1984-85? Very much appreciate you stopping by.