View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Sugar Mouse has been respectful in every way, lovethemac. Surely he/she has the right to express their opinion on any thread, especially if they're respectful when doing it. Besides, people angry about Lindsey being fired are commenting on threads about looking forward to seeing the new line up live, poking the bear, as you put it. And I have no problem with that, until it dissolves into name calling.

This thread is titled "Mick denies Stevie Nicks kicked Lindsey out," so surely it's going to catch the attention of people on both sides of the fence. Telling someone to shut up because they don't like their opinion is wrong, and I don't understand why more people don't agree with that. I would have said the same thing if Sugar Mouse had told you to shut up... but he/she doesn't say things like that to other people.
Thank you for your comments.

Poking the bear means making comments intended to annoy someone, over and over. If someone who is upset over this scenario wants to see the band, and makes comments to that effect.......that's not poking the bear.

I do agree that Sugar Mouse is polite, but it's a really passive aggressive way of shoving Neil Finn down my throat every time I read any posts of his/hers. I'm tired of reading how good this is going to be, I don't agree with that, and I avoid any and all threads relating to Neil Finn, CH, TP/MC. And I certainly don't spend my time trying to convince SugarMouse that my point of view is correct. So when he/she turns up in every thread trying to make me see his/her side of the coin, then gets offended when someone is tired of that point of view, I think he/she needs to own a bit of it. No one here would tell someone to "shut up" unless they had reached the point of poking the bear one too many times.

Any conflict is usually a two way street. So don't call foul when you poke the bear and get some push back.

Last edited by lovethemac1; 05-26-2018 at 09:24 PM..