View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great Thread!

My #1 is that Stevie is billed as a living legend. One common thread throughout her career is that she has been consistently inconsistent. She's only written and released a handful of truly classic songs and possessed a truly killer voice for 4 short years. Disclaimer: Love her to bits despite all of the flaws (deeply rooted to boot)

#2 That her concerts are wonderful. As with #1, she has truly shone at a handful of concerts others she has been non-present or having lots of voice issues.

#3 That Edge of Seventeen is great live: I haven't yet heard a live version that comes close to the studio. I remember hearing WWD concert video and thinking wtf has she lowered the just like the white winged dove, as with dreams live, the lowering zaps the song of its power.

#4 Street Angel has some of her strongest vocals: This period showed promise for her voice, powerful, lush and with awesome tone. The way she showed up for Rick Vito's Desiree was just stellar and I remember thinking, she's back!

#5 That bringing out Beautiful Child and Storms was a bold move. To me, both of these amazing songs fell flat on latter year Mac tours and she really ought to have bowed out of both of these tours because she was not on in her game.