View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Thanks for posting this. I am curious about the book, because I feel like Fleetwood Mac is a band that there is little we don't already know about them. Same thing with Stevie Nicks. I really can't imagine there will be anything in this book that will surprise us..
Seriously?? We don't even know HALF of what went on with this band, nor Stevie, who is the most controlling of her image out of all of them. This is a woman who had the editors edit out her saying "F$%A^" in her documentary with Dave Stewart because she felt it didn't reflect the image she wanted of herself.

There is soooooooooooooo much to know about this band and what went on that we will likely never hear. I think the drugs issue and how messed up people were would yield some pretty gruesome stories. I think the politics and power plays within the band were and still are in some ways brutal. I think Carol's book was the one that came closest to pulling back the curtain on how bad it was, but she also had something of an agenda that clouds some of that. I found her story of the band's reaction to Lindsey's epileptic episode to be very telling as to how they treated each other.....I don't think Stevie got much sympathy during her drug issues either, no matter what they say now. And all the entourage and hangers-on butting in and adding to the politics. A big reason a lot of Stevie's relationships sputtered was due to the huge posse she surrounds herself with. Most of the guy couldn't take having twenty other people around all the time and having these people whispering in her ear about the relationship. Tom couldn't stand it, Jimmy, Lindsey, etc. I think there's a crap ton of stuff we don't know, and like I said, probably never will, because they, and especially Stevie, have that kind of control over their image and the people round them. I think when band members inevitably (as we all will ) pass away, some of the real dirt will come out as it has with all sorts of other celebrities.