View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would argue casual fans of a lot of bands wouldn't know much about the members specifically. I mean, sure, everyone knows John Lennon, Mick Jagger etc. But for someone who "likes" FM and owns a copy of Rumours (everyone over the age of 35 owns a copy of Rumours) probably isn't going to be familiar with the specific band members. I think it's probably hard for people like us that are so deep into the music to realize there are people who just sing along to GYOW on the radio while driving their kids to soccer practice, refer to Dreams as "Thunder Only Happens When It's Raining", and reverse genders for Stevie and Lindsey.

Yes, Stevie is probably the most recognizable member of the band, probably because of her solo career. But, again, some people just don't know.

Lindsey is definitely the most underated classic rock guitarist.

On a side note, I was playing my iPod at work and Trouble came on. I was helping a lady at the cash register, and I could hear her humming along, very softly. I almost asked her if she was a Lindsey fan, but didn't for fear of a "Who's she?" response.