View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
I'm sure I've told this story before but here goes: One of my closest friends and I camped out for choice tickets for this show. We were the 2nd people in line for the Worcester Centrum (the Mac was the 2nd band to play ever at the new venue). I don't know if anyone has done it but camping out w a bunch of rabid Mac fans overnight was the best experience. We got 2nd row center seats for our efforts. The night of the show was awesome. We were like Right There. Towards the end when Stevie was doing her stage walk, the guys in front of us, who we had met that night camping out, were cool enough to allow us (there were three guys and three of us) to get up on their backs so we could be up close to the stage. I was closest to where Stevie was. And she reached over to shake my hand. Total eye contact, everything going on but I got scared at the last minute and pulled my hand away. She gave me a look like, What the Hell. The people around me turned to me and asked what was wrong with me. My friends, the guys, everyone was like, "what did you just do?" I felt a moron but I got nervous. Anyhow, we laugh about it to this day.
I would LOVE to do that more than I can even really verbalize. Although the internet has given us countless opportunities, it has also stolen the value of experience. It's quite upsetting for the younger generations who will never really know a world without shortcuts.