View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. that's why Lindsey is so much better off being thrown out of this band that has been only putting barriers in front of him since before SYW. remember how during recording of SYW he was already talking about the next FM album? that was back in like 2001-02. the album that STILL never came out.

how sad. Stevie Nicks tried to kill that band foir many years now, all the while talking how she never would. she succeeded now.

and that's not trying to talk bad about her. it's just a fact, and anyone who doesn't accept that is just willfully blind. she may have had her reasons, and you may think they are justified or not, but that's what she did. if she was thrown out of FM some time in the last decade plus, we would have had several FM albums in this century. you know it and i know it. yet, the situation is very different now.
As I’ve said for many, many years, I’m a Fleetwood Mac fan in spite of Stevie, not because of her. John and Christine McVie are probably the biggest reason I keep coming back, but the radically different styles amongst the guitarists is the biggest reason I continue listening to them. Yes, I love Lindsey, especially as someone who grew up with folk music (my uncle was friends with Noel “Paul” Stookey of Peter, Paul & Mary), so seeing a folkie rocking out was a game changer. But after I started listening to the entire catalog, so were Peter, Danny, Bob, and Billy in very different ways. “Mystery To Me” was like the third or fourth album I bought, and it was one that I didn’t immediately get, but now it’s top 5 or so. Mike Campbell is always someone I felt was the John McVie of guitar: always tasteful, plays exactly what the song requires without overplaying or leaving one wanting, and criminally underrated, so seeing them together is blowing my mind.

That’s not to say I’m happy about what played out, but I don’t have control over it. I could be angry, but I already got over that last year.

THE Stephen Hopkins