View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think we can safely assume that Lindsey is a jerk who is a misunderstood genius. He's grown up some and hopefully treats his family well but it's abundantly clear that most of the time he's a complete d=ck to Stevie. He is thought of as "difficult" by many in the industry. He may have wanted back in on the tour but with rehearsals underway and dates to be announced soon that's impossible. HE DID THIS TO HIMSELF. So over his canonization on this board. Get a grip people.
^ This. I don’t know about all Stevie’s fans but I & the ones i’m close with are acutely aware of the fact that she can be very difficult. If the tables were turned and FM said “listen, she’s too difficult so we just cannot tour anymore”, I would be disappointed but I wouldn’t be surprised or outraged. She’s deeply flawed but I love her art regardless. She is both a narcisstic diva and an incredibly talented rock & roll icon IMO.
Just like Lindsey is both a jerk and a genius. I honestly don’t know any hardcore LB fans in real life but it seems like the majority of the ones discussing this online are unwilling to accept that maybe he, a notoriously difficult guy, could have been complicit and played some part in the split.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I don’t think there’s any one hero or villain here. Just 5 messy imperfect people who can’t quite get it together.