View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbrFireflie View Post
https://youtu.be/5Pt03oU6RHI?list=RD5Pt03oU6RHI
So sad to hear of his passing I saw him on his solo acoustic tour a few years ago at UB, what an amazing voice .
i couldn't believe it when i first heard this morning. still can't. so young, on the top, in the middle of making new Soundgarden album and the tour. it looked like he was one of the big grunge era icons who came out on the other side seemingly unscathed. but appareances are deceiving... they mentioned on my local radio this morning that all of the sudden Eddie Vedder trended this morning - not because of anything that happened to him, but because he as the only one now - Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell, Layne Staney, Scott Weiland are all gone now.

i saw him four times in the last couple of years - once with Soundgarden, and 3 times solo, twice on the acoustic tour for Higher Truth and once doing just a few songs in a tiny place sponsored by the local alternative radio station. his solo acoustic preformances especially were fantastic, possibly best liv e shows i've ever seen and so worth it - different than the recordings, raw, responsive and engaging with the audience, doing some requests, 2.5-3 hours long, unbelievable voice. after i saw him solo the first time, i knew i will never miss his show whenever he comes to my area. current Soundgarden tour (as well as recent Temple of the Dog tour) were not coming close to me so was gonna wait for whenever / however he tours next.

last time i saw him live was a bit less than a year ago, after Prince died. he was doing a cover of Nothing Compares 2 U (which was regularly in his solo setlist) and talking about Prince. can't believe he's gone now too.

some pics i took -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 05-18-2017 at 08:22 PM..