View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I swear, I thought it was a chiffon head dressed as Stevie!! lolol.. I looked for a caption...
Random thoughts:

That is a rather disturbing photo of Stevie.

It's a laughable notion to consider performing Rumours in it's entirety. They have milked that album to death. With the exception of I Don't Want to Know, the rest of those songs have been the bedrock of their shows since 1977. Performing it in sequence holds no intrigue whatsoever. How more redundant can one get? But as one astute Ledgie noted, performing the Tusk album would be a worthy event.

One of my favorite album by Elton John (circa 1975) is Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy (a song biography about him and his lyricist Bernie Taupin). A bonus CD featured a show with him performing the entire album when it was just released. Here is how he began the show: "We've got a new album out. I'm sorry it's 3.25 pounds, but I'll tell you about that later. We're going to do the whole album. It usually bores people to tears to play things people don't know, but we're going to take that chance." For fans, this is a rare treasure.

He did perform a several hit songs at the end of the show. But this was just a one-off show. The subsequent tour was more balanced with more familiar songs. But it's great to have a document of "once in a lifetime" live performances of all the songs. Only one song from that album survived to be performed in future shows.

I'd like to see Fleetwood Mac doing something sort of like that when they have retired from recording and doing large scale tours...to have them just pop up now and then and do something interesting on a small scale, like mining songs overlooked and less traveled; songs that can be reinvented in live performance.

Do we know of any professional film/recordings of their current tour? Are there plans for it? Perhaps that will happen at the end of their tour. Though it would be redundant to have yet another mutation of the all their road-weary songs, it would be nice to have a professionally recorded/film release of a show from this historic tour. At least it would a nice placeholder while we wait for the new album.

It is reassuring to hear Lindsey, Mick and Christine talk in terms that make it seem like it's an inevitability Stevie will finish the new album with them. I hope she feels that it's the right thing to do. She has committed a year of her life to be on the road with them; a month or so of studio time is not a lot to ask for.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 04-10-2015 at 01:48 AM..