View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
Sigh, OOTC is still my favorite LB album and my favorite FM solo album with Bella Donna coming in second. I think it still hangs together well as a collection of songs but I don’t know if any of them really could have been serious hit singles. Somehow his solo work never quite hits the sweet spot of mass appeal the way his FM work has. He is someone who is really best suited to a band context and to producing other artists but somehow he has not come out with the songs to make a big hit. He’s come to realize that and seems to accept his solo career. I’m just glad he keeps at it — I really do love a lot of it even if it’s never going to be massively popular.
But it makes me kind of feel sorry for him. He deserved that mass appeal, but never really tried to court it. So I guess it's his own fault. Weird is never going to appeal to the masses, I guess.