View Single Post
Old 08-13-2022, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't have so much to say about this gem. I discovered it 10 years ago and it really marked my life, as a person, as a musician. It touched my soul as it introduced me to a world of words and music that I didn't see before, even knowing the FM music!!
I think that if it was released after the reunion of the Rumours line up for the Clinton's campaign, or released shortly before The Dance reunion, it would have had more success than what it had. 1992 was a different time for music, and Lindsey tried to put his efforts to sound like the "newer" music of that time, without a good reception.
But anyway, his music is incredible. Don't count the "commercial" thing. Wrong, Countdown, Soul Drifter are amazing songs!! Good lyrics, good rythm. Street Of Dreams, Surrender The Rain and Say We'll Meet Again can touch your heart easily.
He worked almost alone. Like on Go Insane. And it worked so good! But the ears were listening to other bands in 1992. But Lindsey showed his talent in all the instruments once again, but this time he needed to show a rock face, not like in Go Insane, where he worked so much with synths... I don't blame him if he's not a great keyboard player, probably his idea was with a basic keyboard base! And giving a more starring role to the guitars. "I told these guitars, I mean, come on!"
His worst ranked album is today by far one of his best ones. And as I said before, what he did next, especially from 2008 to the date, was basically the same. Speedy guitars, a soft voice, a basic percussion...With good moments indeed! So it gives more credit to his first three or four albums, because of the original ideas he had on them respectively...

So happy birthday to my favourite album!!!