View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default SF Chronicle Intrerview

A few excerpts that I copied and pasted and then link to full article are below. I have genuine empathy for Lindsey at this point because he seems so heartbroken to not be part of Fleetwood Mac. Many of us may feel differently, but he clearly not only wants to be back on stage with Fleetwood Mac, for his mental health and happiness, he needs to be.

----But Buckingham is most looking forward to getting back onstage with the members of his former group — drummer Mick Fleetwood, bassist John McVie, keyboardist-vocalist Christine McVie and singer Stevie Nicks, who reportedly issued the ultimatum forcing the band to dump Buckingham ahead of its 2018 “An Evening With Fleetwood Mac” tour.

“These are people that were my family, dysfunctional or not, for close to 45 years,” Buckingham said.

"We made it through all of that, and we made it through so many difficulties that were so much more profound and so much more challenging than the particular things that led to my being ousted from the band,” he said, seemingly still in disbelief. “I won’t get into the specifics of that, but underneath all of that, there’s still a lot of love. I miss Mick. I miss Christine. And I even miss Stevie in some ways. So there’s always a part of me that would think and would strongly believe that another tour with the five of us would be a very appropriate way to wrap things up.” --

At this point Stevie and Irving might get him to agree to call the band "Stevie Nicks' Fleetwood Mac with side guitarist Lindsey Buckingham" plus be paid like a sideman and sign over the Fleetwood Mac portion of his near $100 million rights windfall. That's only kind of a joke ....

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/mus...-solo-tour/amp

Last edited by John Run; 04-02-2022 at 07:50 AM..