View Single Post
Old 07-03-2002, 02:46 PM
Ledgie

In your opinion, I used an extreme comparison. In someone else's opinion, it may not have been an extremity. This filthy-rich rock band is why people are posting on these boards. Many people here find that Fleetwood Mac is especially important to them. I'm not going to judge what's important to posters here, and to what extent. I'm only suggesting that to others, a message board shut down MAY be just as serious an issue as 9/11 is to you.

I think that everyone who read my post understood that I was simply playing devil's advocate. Of couse I realized what I was writing, but maybe you didn't. See, if you read what I had to write, you would have seen, clearly writen: "... but maybe some of us aren't sensitive to it at all. I'm not one of them...". This should clearly suggest what my standpoint is about it, and why you don't need to plead with me to consider what you're asking. Ask that to everyone else. I'm just wonder if someone here answered yes to your question, would you be okay with that unpopular view, or would you not want hear it.

I hope that you never wonder again if I know what I'm writing, as if you're almost giving me a chance to retract what I wrote. I barely wrote any of my own opinions, just observances and suggestions, so I don't need the tisk-tisk. I just wanted to point out that you were deliciously contradicting, and just to play on that as devil's advocate. I certainly will not apologize for an OBSERVANCE I made on this thread.

I'm not going to comment on your suggestion that because I'm outside the country, my connection to what happened on 9/11 may not be strong. If you honestly want to know what I went through that day, send me a private message telling me so, and I'll be happy to reveal all. The same invitation goes out to anyone else who wants to know.