View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I'm really ok that Stevie isn't on the new album. This has nothing to do with her. And I have no idea how the band is walking on eggshells in order to not piss Stevie off LOL. But I do feel like there's some revisionism going on here. This WAS a Fleetwood Mac album, and songs were recorded by the four band members while they were waiting on Stevie to participate. You know, like they did with Tango in the Night. It was only when they finally accepted she wasn't going to join them that they changed it from a FM album to a 'duets' album, with songs performed by the four members. You know, like Say You Will, an album YOU might say was by Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, with guest spots by John McVie and Mick Fleetwood, but what I call Fleetwood Mac LOL. Remember, they changed the name from FM to Buckingham/McVie only afterwards.

But like I said, if Christine and Lindsey actually did record some songs without John and Mick, then my fears are unfounded, and I genuinely hope that's the case. So people don't need to assume I secretly hate FM because Stevie isn't on the album. I just want to make sure John and Mick didn't get screwed over in any way.
You just made my point. You tried to counter but made my point even stronger
Yes, they decided not to call it Fleetwood Mac AFTER Stevie refused to join them. I don't see any revisionist history in that. Ask yourself why? They have every right to do so but are so careful not to annoy Stevie who for whatever reason agreed to tour relentlessly with the band but refuses to record with them. Its out of respect for those who have touchy feelings. After all its Stevie's feelings why she refuses to join them in the studio. Fleetwood Mac has always recorded albums with different members. Time was without Lindsey or Stevie but it was still Fleetwood Mac. Behind the Mask was without Lindsey but it was still Fleetwood mac. Say you will was without Christine but it was still Fleetwood Mac. Here is the difference!!!! Pay attention now In those instances the band members LEFT. They did not tour or have a one foot in and out foot out philosophy. Stevie wants to tour but does not want to make new music. So this is why they are bending over backwards and YES walking on eggshells to not call it Fleetwood Mac. I think its wrong but I totally understand why and I think you do too.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-25-2017 at 07:10 PM..