View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Chris, contractually, HAD to contribute to Time-- even though she didn't really want to-- but she did not have to tour.
Really? I've never heard this before. Did she not want to contribute to Time?

Christine had been very slowly trying to pull out of the band for years. I think the gradual *plunk* *plunk* of hints sort of softened the blow when she finally did it. She stopped The Dance tour, but since it had been a "reunion tour" anyway, I don't think most folks really expected it to go on forever. While I think Lindsey was kind of slowly trying to pull out of the band in the latter 80s (and the band knew he didn't want to tour), when he committed to Tango in such a big way as producer, etc., I think it put fears in the fanbase to rest that he was going to go soon. So then when he did go, it seemed more abrupt. And it was in the midst of them still being considered an important band on MTV, radio, etc., so it was a bigger splash in that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
Plus they were all in very different places in thier lives than they are now-- and hence the response was a little crazier.
I think that's very true too. Plus, I think fans sometimes take their cues about the vehemence of their own reactions on the basis of how some in the band react to things.