View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
The Chain is up there, one of the greatest songs ever recorded. the parts that were used are all nice songs or song parts on their own, but nowhere near the stratosphere level of the awesomeness that is The Chain. i'm guessing it was not any kind of dictatorial decision by Lindsey. this is Christine (not miss melodrama), she and LB usually seem to be on equal and complementary footing and great understanding how to move forward, musically.
Yes, fair enough. I was recalling Ken explaining on the Classic Albums: Rumours how Lindsey 'threw away the original song and added new words'.
I've just gone back and listened to what he said. In retrospect he was referring to throwing away the verses of Stevie's 'The Chain'. I suppose the Keep Me There words would have been long gone by then.

Agreed it does not match the level of the finished Chain. However, if they had a song up to the standard of Keep Me There I still cannot understand why they would deem it not worthy of persisting with and finishing (bearing in mind the finished product was unimaginable at that stage).