View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
As Long As You Follow.... yes
Skies The Limit... I'm not so sure. Was that a typo Macfan4life?

Anyway, even in 1990 it would have been a matter of space. So many great, recognisable Christine songs. They'd have had to have dropped a big Christine hit to put one of those in (they needed BB and RV to show their faces with a couple of songs each and Christine couldnt have had a bigger share than Stevie).
Not a typo at all. While Skies the limit never came remotely close to cracking the top 40 it was definitely on the AC charts. I was in college in 1990 and Dick Clark used to have an AC countdown that was syndicated across the USA on AC stations. I would listen to Skies the Limit climb the charts because Dick Clark would also have interviews with the band. I never heard Skies the Limit on any other radio station except this countdown show. The Skies the Limit video was in regular rotation on VH1 in 1990.

I actually like the song. One thing I learned from listening to Dick Clark's countdown show was how this song was meant to be. Behind the Mask was finished but the album seemed very dark to the band. It had none of the peppy love songs from Chris. Chris wrote this song and it was purposely the first track on the album. It was a last minute addition to the album.

There is a typo though. According to AC Billboard USA it went to #10, not #1. I was not able to edit the original post.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-08-2015 at 08:30 AM..