View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Obviously people don't do that sort of thing happily, but sometimes you do what you have to do in view of the times. I was just agreeing with jwd that I knew people who had experienced that too. But the fact is, given that people have supported this band for years and made them millionaires it might be nice if the band showed a little gratitude towards their fans by lowering their prices a little, as other big name acts have.
"Fans" is an unclear word. In Fleetwood Mac's eyes, we are customers. The band may use the term "fan" in its press, but it doesn't mean anything more than "person who buys a ticket or a CD."

Of course, even customers get a gift from a business now & then: restaurants give free meals after ten paid meals, my auto repair shop gives me a "loaner" car to drive around while my car is being worked on, etc., all in the name of give a little short term so that you'll recoup long term (in customer loyalty & return patronage). Fleetwood Mac doesn't offer "rewards" (like the grocery store cards).

Maybe one day Fleetwood Mac will do something like that. Hasn't happened yet. Maybe one day, horses will turn carnivore.

moviekinks.blogspot.com