View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
The point is if you want to see them and are short of cash, you can and any argument to the contrary (which is not your argument above) is bogus.
I don't even think that anyone who's posted in this thread has made THAT complaint. It's more about how much higher FM's tickets are relative to other bands touring right now. I think some of us would rather choose to see some other artists, and spend, let's say under $100, and get decent seats.

Quote:
On edit - I have to wonder if anyone here would actually volunteer to work for less than they thought they were worth.
Funny you should say this. I KNOW a LOT of excellent employees right now who are working for less money and benefits at their jobs because businesses are struggling to survive. It wasn't voluntary though!

Quote:
So, IMO it is ridiculous to fault FM for asking what the market says the price should be
If they can get it, more power to them. We have every right to question why, given the financial burdens most of us are feeling right now, and the fact that these prices are on the high end of the asking price for concert tickets. It's not as if it's 1977 and the band was touring to promote Rumours, not even close.

Last edited by jwd; 06-13-2009 at 01:41 PM..