View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I wasn't a member back in 'those' days....didn't join til '05 ....just wanted to say your stories are interesting. I was on the 'Net' starting around '01....but so much has changed in all of that time hasn't it. I've been a fan since like '88 of Stevie/Fmac...so I recall the tale end of 'Rumours' fanzines and the '90's version called Silver Springs...Belle Fluer/Mirror, Mirror...etc. There were so many fanzines in the 80-90's sometimes I miss that time. When my fandom was 'new' and fresh and I didn't know all that I know or probably 'more' than I care to know now. So I'm a fan of way before the SYW era....times have changed & the fandom isn't there much anymore. Tickets are outragous now. Even though I've went to see Stevie solo since '94/98/01/05/07/08....I don't think so anymore & Mac '90/97/03....I guess the live thrill for me is kinda gone. The same setlist bothers me alot. I know to some it isn't a big deal but when you paying alot of $$ for tickets and you don't get something special in the music....its just not there for me......it seems they (the artist) is only going through the motions and not cause they really want to. Its sad. As much as the Net has helped us in many many was.....I do agree that meeting people in a safe place....instead of just online.....its more personable. It can be fun but Stevie/Mac isn't everything really. Enjoy it but have other interests too. Life goes on......changes happen to us all.....I miss alot of my 'old' pen pal days too. Cheryl/Rose/Tammy/others I'm sure ....I still have all of my cassette tape of demos/interviews as well.....It was so awesome to recieve them to. I still miss those snail mail days. So I know you don't know me from that time.....sounds like I missed a good time too. Well up to the bad part anyway....sounds like another 'board' I know of that had a 'bad' time as well.....Anyway, life goes on and ya its not worth taking all of this too seriously really......life is too short for us all......Enjoy yourself and make the most of it ok......hope you don't mind my imput.....Thanks......
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."